Friday, May 22, 2015

Most Effective Exercises: Walking


Walking as an exercise is always a winner; and the beauty of it is that everybody is doing it at least once a day for whatever reason!

You can walk anywhere, anytime. Use a treadmill or hit the streets. All you need is a good pair of shoes.

Another benefit is that you do not have to allocate special time of your already packed day to fit in walking - just do what I do; I walk to work and back every day! Ok, I know, I have the benefit that my work is only 4 km from my home whilst many are not that lucky.

Therefore, for those who have to allocate specific time for exercise every day, here is how it works: For a beginning start with five to ten minutes at a time. Increase the time with about 2 minutes for each walk until you reach about 30 minutes per walk - you can then stick to these 30 minutes for a month and there after consider adding some more time per walk - it is up to you. But 30 minutes a day of brisk walking is more than sufficient.

Enjoy it but please look after your safety during walking and the best advice is to have somebody walking with you!


Danie